786 Temporary Humanitarian Concern Visa | Who Can Apply

immigration lawyer melbourne can help with 786 temporary humanitarian concern visa
You may be invited to apply for a subclass 786 Temporary (Humanitarian Concern) visa if you holds a 449 Temporary Safe Haven visa

Subclass 786 Temporary Humanitarian Concern Class UO visa is only for holder of a class UJ subclass 449 Temporary Safe Haven (click here to learn how to apply for 449 visa) if they have been interviewed by an authorised officer and was invited to apply (reg. 2.07AC). There is no form to be completed or visa application charge (item 1223C).

This is a temporary visa allowing you to remain in, but not re-enter Australia until the earlier of (a) the end of 36 months from the date of visa grant; and the end of any shorter period determined in writing by the Minister from the date of the visa grant (cl. 786.511).

You will be offered Subclass 786 Temporary Humanitarian Concern visa if the Minister is satisfied that, for reasons of humanitarian concern, you should be permitted to remain in Australia for a further period (cl. 786.221).

You are required to do complete a medical examination (cl. 786.222; cl. 786.223) and do not have a criminal record or you are not a terrorist or has engaged in crimes against humanity or war crimes (PIC 4001 – character test; cl. 786.224). In addition, ASIO has not assessed you to be a direct or indirect risk to security (PIC 4002) or the Foreign Minister has not determined you to be directly or indirectly associated with the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (PIC 4003A).

You can include members of your family unit in Subclass 786 Temporary Humanitarian Concern visa.

You must be in Australia for the grant of this visa (cl 786.411). If granted this visa, you must notify the Department of Immigration (Department of Home Affairs) of any change to your address at least 2 days before the change (cl. 786.611). In addition, you must not become involved in any disruptive, or violence, that may be a threat to the welfare of the community or a group in the community (cl. 786.612).

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you under subclass 786 Temporary (Humanitarian Concern) visa or explore other visas or click here to find answers to your questions or click here to find out how you can apply.

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

Related Posts