Diplomatic Visa (Subclass 995) | What is this visa?

immigration lawyer Melbourne speak Chinese can help with visa application for Diplomatic Subclass 995 visa
Who can apply for a Diplomatic visa?

Diplomatic Visa (Subclass 995) or Diplomatic Class TF Subclass 995 visa is only granted to limited categories of people

The Diplomatic Visa (Subclass 995) visa is only granted to heads of diplomatic missions and consular officials, and military personnel. Their family members, including partner (spouse or de facto partner) and single children below 21.

Who can apply for a Diplomatic Visa?

Before being granted this visa, the applicant must be accepted by the Protocol Branch of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or DFAT for accreditation. Applicants include:

  1. diplomats;
  2. consular officials;
  3. certain international representatives;
  4. consular employees or employees of accredited international representatives, including administrative or technical staff;
  5. service staff, including drivers, cooks and housekeepers, employed by the diplomatic or consular mission or the office of the international representative; and
  6. executive heads of the specialised agencies of the UN.

A person can only be issued with this visa if they have been recommended by DFAT for accreditation.

Having a diplomatic or official passport in itself does not mean that the holder is eligible for this visa.

If granted the Diplomatic Visa (Subclass 995), other visas may not be granted

In a very limited situation can the holder this visa apply for another visa subclass in Australia. For example, a Student visa (click here to learn more about Student visa Subclass 500) can only be granted if their Diplomatic visa was granted on the basis of being the partner or dependent child of diplomatic or consular or international representative.

In addition, Diplomatic visa holder wanting to apply for another visa subclass must apply for a “Notice of No Objection” from DFAT to be accompanied with their new visa application.

Chinese immigration lawyer Melbourne can apply for visa application Diplomatic Subclass 995

Including family members

Members of your family accompanying you can also make a combined application if they are recommended in writing by the Australian Foreign Minister.

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you apply for this visa or to decide if this is the best visa for you (click here to learn how an immigration lawyer or registered migration agent can help you) or click here to learn more. You may also refer to our FAQs for answers regarding visa application or visa cancellation by clicking here.

best immigration lawyer Melbourne
Immigration lawyer provide free migration advice

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

Related Posts