Investor (Subclass 891) Visa | Who Can Apply

Chinese immigration lawyer can help to apply for Investor (Subclass 891) Visa
If you are holding the Investor Subclass 162 visa, you could apply for the permanent visa

Investor (Subclass 891) visa or Investor Class DF Subclass 891 permanent visa

The permanent visa pathway for holders of the provisional Investor Subclass 162 visa is the Investor (Subclass 891) visa. You should note that the provisional Investor Subclass 162 visa is now closed to new applicants (click here to learn more about Subclass 188B investment visa).

If you are holding a provisional Investor Subclass 162 visa, you could apply for the Investor (Subclass 891) visa to allow you and members of your family to continue to live in Australia on a permanent basis.

Before you apply for this visa, you must make sure you have lived in Australia for at least 2 years in the 4 years before you apply for this visa. The 2 years residence in Australia do not need to be continuous.

immigration lawyer in Melbourne can help with visa application Investor Subclass 891 visa

Investment amount

In order to be able to apply for the permanent Investor visa, you and/or your partner (spouse or de facto partner) must have held at least $1.5m of designated investment for at least 4 continuous years .

Designated investment is an investment in a security specified by the Minister in a legislative instrument (click here to learn more) that include state or territory government bonds which matures not less than 4 years from the date of issue. The bonds’ principal is guaranteed, they cannot be transferred or redeemed before maturity (waiver apply), have competitive rates of return. In addition, these securities must not expose the Australian Government to any financial liability.

If granted the permanent Investor visa, must I continue with investment?

If after you have been granted the permanent Investor (Subclass 891) visa, you stop your investment or business activities, the Department of Immigration (Department of Home Affairs) does not have any legislative power to cancel your permanent visa for not continuing or maintaining your investment or business activity after the maturity of the designated investment.

best immigration lawyer in Melbourne speaking Chinese can help with visa application for permanent visa Investor Subclass 891

Including family members

You and members of your family unit can make a combined application for the permanent Investor (Subclass 891) visa. If you have not been granted the permanent visa, you can request the Department of Immigration to add your newborn child or a new partner or a dependent child to your application.

There is no legislative provision for your partner or former partner who held the provisional Investor Subclass 162 visa to satisfy the Investor (Subclass 891) primary criteria for the grant of this permanent visa.

However, if you have already been granted the permanent Investor visa, you can sponsor members of your family for other permanent visas.

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you apply for this visa (click here to find out how an immigration lawyer or registered migration agent can help you) or click here to learn more. You may also refer to our FAQs for answers regarding visa application or visa cancellation by clicking here.

best immigration lawyer Melbourne
Immigration lawyer provide free migration advice

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter

Related Posts