Australia Aged Dependent Visa (Subclass 114)

Australia Aged Dependent Visa (Subclass 114)
Sponsoring retired dependent relative to live permanently in Australia

Aged dependent relative Class BO Subclass 114 visa Australia

You can sponsor a retired dependent relative from overseas to live permanently in Australia on an Australia aged dependent visa Class BO Subclass 114 if you, or your cohabiting partner (spouse or de facto partner), is over 18 and have been living permanently in Australia for at least 2 years (“settled”) as an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible NZ citizen. If you are not a settled Australia resident, you may request for this requirement to be reduced to 3 months if there are compassionate and compelling circumstances.

A person is considered as “aged” if he or she is old enough to receive an age pension. In Australia, the pension age is between 65 and 6 months, and 67 depending on his or her date of birth.

To be eligible for aged dependent relative visa, he or she must not have a spouse or de facto partner and is dependent on the sponsor for his or her basic needs for food, clothing and shelter for a reasonable period.

A relative can be your parent, sibling, grandparent or aunt or uncle or niece or nephew. However, your relative must have relied on you wholly or substantially for financial support for a reasonable period, usually at least 3 years before lodging the visa application.

Aged Dependent Relative Class BO Subclass 114 visa requires applicant to queue for visa allocation

Queuing for aged dependent visa

There are 2 stages to aged dependent relative visa. If applicants satisfy the visa grant criteria, the Department of Immigration (Department of Home Affairs) will place them in a queue for a visa to be allocated. It is common to wait up to 50 years for a visa to be allocated, this is because there is an annual limit to the number of aged dependent relative visa allocated. When a visa is allocated, the visa applicant will be asked to do a health and character check.

As the sponsor, you will be required to provide an Assurance of Support (click here to learn more) and pay a second visa application charge.

including children in Australia Aged Dependent Visa (Subclass 114) visa

Including under 18 child

Your relative may include his or her under 18 single child or step-child in a combined application for the aged dependent relative Class BO Subclass 114 visa. Click here to learn more.

An aged dependent relative Class BO Subclass 114 visa can only be granted when the applicant is not in Australia. This is a permanent visa and is valid for 5 years from the date of grant (click here to learn more about RRV 155 visa).

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you decide if you are eligible to sponsor your aged dependent relative (click here to find out how an immigration lawyer or registered migration agent can help you). You may also refer to our FAQs for answers regarding visa application or visa cancellation by clicking here.

best immigration lawyer Melbourne
Immigration lawyer provide free migration advice

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

Related Posts