Orphan Relative (Subclass 117) Australia Visa

Orphan Relative (Subclass 117) Australia Visa
Sponsoring an orphan relative to live in Australia permanently

Sponsoring An Orphan Relative For Orphan Relative (Subclass 117) Visa Australia

You may be able to sponsor your under 18 orphan relative for a permanent Offshore Orphan Relative visa (Subclass 117) to live with you in Australia.

Offshore Orphan Relative Class BT Subclass 117 visa is for a under 18 single person whose parents are either dead, permanently incapacitated or whereabouts is unknown.

You may be able to sponsor your orphan relative if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible NZ citizen, and there is compelling reason and it is in the child best’s interests to be granted the offshore orphan relative (Subclass 117) visa. Click here to learn more.

You must your orphan relative’s grandparent, aunt or uncle, niece or nephew or step equivalent or a close relative. A close relative is the partner (spouse or de facto partner) or child, parent, sibling or step equivalent.

Sponsor must be over 18 and have been living in Australia as a resident for at least 2 years (“settled”). And you must not be charged or convicted of a registerable offence, unless the sponsorship limitation is waived.

including family members inOrphan Relative (Subclass 117) Australia Visa

Including family members

Your orphan relative may include his or her family members in a combined application for Offshore Orphan Relative Visa Australia (Subclass 117). However, they will not be able to lodge their separate application unless they are newborn child or under 18 dependent child. The visa applicant cannot have a partner (spouse or de facto partner) as he or she will not be able to meet the orphan relative definition.

As a sponsor for an Offshore Orphan Relative (Subclass 117) Visa, you may be required to provide an Assurance of Support (click here to learn more).

This is a permanent visa and is valid for 5 years from the date of grant (click here to learn more about RRV 155 visa). Your relative must not be in Australia when the visa application is lodged and when the visa is granted (click here to learn more about Onshore Orphan Relative Class BT Subclass 837 visa).

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you decide if you are eligible to sponsor your orphan relative (click here to find out how an immigration lawyer or registered migration agent can help you). You may also refer to our FAQs for answers regarding visa application or visa cancellation by clicking here.

best immigration lawyer Melbourne
Immigration lawyer provide free migration advice

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

Related Posts