Subclass 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate Engineer Visa

Engineering Graduate (Subclass 476) or Skilled Recognised Graduate visa
Engineering graduates from some countries can come to Australia to work

Subclass 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate Class VF or Engineering Graduate Visa: Who can apply

If you recently completed an engineering course from 1 of the following countries and universities, you may be eligible to apply for a Subclass 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate (aka Engineering Graduate) visa.

  1. Argentina (Catholic University of Argentina)
  2. Brazil (Federal University of Minas Gerais)
  3. Chile (Universidad Catolica del Norte; Catholic University of Chile; University of Chile; and University of Concepcion)
  4. Finland (HUT, Helsinki)
  5. Germany (RWTH, Aachen; Technical University of Berlin; Technical University of Clausthal; TU Bergakademie Freiberg; and University of Hannover)
  6. Hungary (University of Miskolc)
  7. India (Anna University, Chennai; Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi; Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore; Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur; and Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad)
  8. Iran (Amir Kabir University of Technology; and University of Tehran)
  9. China (Beijing Normal University; Beijing Petroleum University; Beijing University of Chemical Technology; Beijing University; China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing; University of Science and Technology, Beijing; Guangzhou University; Shanghai University of Engineering Science; Shanghai Jiaotong University; Tongji University; and Tsinghua University)
  10. Philippines (University of the Philippines)
  11. Poland (Wroclaw University of Technology)
  12. Slovakia (Lulea University of Technology)
  13. Tanzania (University of Dar es Salaam)

In addition to the above, you may also be eligible to apply for the Subclass 476 Skilled Recognised (Engineering) Graduate visa if you have completed your engineering course in an institution offering Engineering qualification accredited under the Washington Accord (click here to learn more). If you have obtained your engineering qualification from a school that is only affiliated with a Washington Accord specified school, you may not be eligible to apply for this Engineering Graduate visa.

Furthermore, your engineering course must be completed not more than 2 years ago and leading to the award of a:

  1. bachelors degree
  2. masters degree
  3. doctoral degree
  4. postgraduate diploma

Your engineering qualification can be in any 1 of following engineering discipline:

  1. civil engineering
  2. structural engineering
  3. chemical engineering
  4. environmental engineering
  5. electrical and electronics engineering
  6. mechanical, production and plant engineering
  7. mining and material engineering

The Subclass 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate visa is valid for 18 months, it allows you to live, work or study in Australia.

Immigration lawyer provide free visa advice on subclass 476 recognised graduate visa


You do not need to be sponsored for Subclass 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate visa. However, you must be under 31 and not have previously held a Class VC Subclass 485 visa (click here to learn more).

You can only apply and hold a Subclass 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate visa once in your lifetime.

You must apply for Subclass 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate visa within 2 years from the date you received your completion letter or final exams or having met all the academic requirements for the award of your engineering qualification.

Your engineering course and your school must be accredited under the Washington Accord. The Engineering Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology of the USA and the Council of the UK have accredited several courses in other countries.

You must also demonstrate you have English proficiency, for example, scoring overall 6, with no test components under 5 in IELTS test taken within 3 years of applying for your Subclass 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate visa. Some exemptions apply, click here to find out more.

Unless you hold a SCV 444 visa (click here to find out more), you must lodge your visa application outside of Australia. Similarly, you must not be in Australia when the visa is granted.

Chinese immigration lawyer provide free consultation for Subclass 476  Skilled Recognised Graduate visa

Including family members

You may be able include members of your family in a combined application.

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you decide if you can apply for this visa (click here to find out how an immigration lawyer or registered migration agent can help you). You may also refer to our FAQs for answers regarding visa application or visa cancellation by clicking here.

best immigration lawyer Melbourne
Immigration lawyer provide free migration advice

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

Related Posts