Transit Visa Subclass 771 | When & Where To Apply

best immigration lawyer Melbourne can help with Transit Visa Subclass 771
Arriving in Australia on a 8+ hours stopover? Leave the airport

Transit visa subclass 771 (class TX) allows you to leave an Australian airport or seaport if you arrived without a valid visa

Transit visa subclass 771 is 1 of the very few visas that you could apply before you are immigration cleared and when you arrived in Australia without an entry visa.

You can apply for a Transit visa subclass 771 to leave the airport if your stop-over is more than 8 hours.

This Transit visa is for those who is passing through Australia on their way to another country, or their outbound flight is unexpectedly delayed for more than 8 hours, if they are not eligible for a Transit Without a Visa to leave the airport.

To be eligible for this Transit, you must hold a confirmed onward flight to leave Australia for a third country within 8 hours of arriving. You must also hold necessary documentation, for example, a visa, to enter your final destination.

You can use a Transit visa subclass 771 to leave the airport or airport transit lounge.

If you are travelling with family members, each of them (even if they are included on the passport of another applicant) must apply for their own Transit visa subclass 771.

Before the Immigration will grant you this visa, you will be required to show that your principal purpose is to pass through Australia in transit to another country. You can provide your itinerary or confirmation of a onward flight booking to continue with your journey from Australia to another country within 72 hours of arrival.

You can use the Transit visa subclass 771 to visit family and friends, or for some sightseeing.

You can only apply for this visa if you are outside of Australia, that is, you have not been immigration cleared.

A Transit visa is usually granted with a validity of less than 72 hours.

You can apply for this visa by asking an immigration officer for form 876 to apply.

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you decide if this visa is the best visa for you (click here to find out how an immigration lawyer or registered migration agent can help you) or click here to learn more. You may also refer to our FAQs for answers regarding visa application or visa cancellation by clicking here.

best immigration lawyer Melbourne
Immigration lawyer provide free migration advice

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

Related Posts