eVisitor (Subclass 651) Visa | Who can apply

Immigration lawyer Melbourne help you with eVisitor (Subclass 651) visa application and visa checklist
Visit Australia on an eVisitor visa

eVisitor (Subclass 651) visa or eVisitor Class TV Subclass 651 visa: Who can apply for this visa

If you hold a passport issued by 1 of these countries, you may apply for an eVisitor (Subclass 651) visa to visit Australia for as many times as you like in next 12 months and each time stay up to 3 months.

  1. Austria
  2. Belgium
  3. Croatia
  4. Cyprus
  5. Czech Republic
  6. Denmark
  7. Estonia
  8. Finland
  9. France
  10. Germany
  11. Greece
  12. Hungary
  13. Iceland
  14. Ireland
  15. Italy
  16. Latvia
  17. Liechtenstein
  18. Lithuania
  19. Luxembourg
  20. Malta
  21. Monaco
  22. The Netherlands
  23. Norway
  24. Poland
  25. Portugal
  26. Republic of San Marino
  27. Slovak Republic
  28. Slovenia
  29. Spain
  30. Sweden
  31. Switzerland
  32. UK – British Citizen
  33. Vatican City
Australia immigration lawyer speaking Chinese, Malay help with eVisitor Subclass 651 visa application and visa checklist

Visa processing time

After you submitted an online application for an eVisitor (Subclass 651) visa, you will, in most cases, be granted the visa automatically. However, if you are not granted the visa after you lodged the application, it is likely the Department of Immigration (Department of Home Affairs) will ask you for supporting documents via an email. There is no visa application fee or service fee.

You can use eVisitor (Subclass 651) visa to visit Australia for a holiday, visit family and friend, or to explore business opportunities.

While you are in Australia, you will not be able to apply for this visa or extend your eVisitor (Subclass 651) visa. You can only apply for this visa outside of Australia. However, if you need to extend your stay, you could apply for a Visitor Subclass 600 visa (click here to learn more). A Subclass 600 visa can be granted with a 12 months validity from the date of your last arrival in Australia.

Visa criteria and visa checklist

Visa grant criteria

You must show that you will depart Australia before your eVisitor (Subclass 651) visa expired even if you are living with your Australian resident partner (click here to learn about Partner Subclass 820 visa).

The Department of Immigration when considering whether you are a genuine visitor will consider the following factors:

  1. your travel history
  2. length of each visit you made to Australia
  3. whether you have spent more than 18 months over a 3 years period in Australia
  4. your ability to support yourself without having to work
  5. whether you intend to migrate to Australia

Under the Department of Immigration policy, self-funded retirees or grandparents who travel to Australia for between 3 to 6 months each year to visit family and friends or for tourism would not generally be considered to be “residing” in Australia if they have their residence in their own country and do not have the intention to migrate to Australia.

If you are currently holding a substantive visa and you applied for an eVisitor (Subclass 651) visa, your substantive visa will end if you are granted the eVisitor visa.

If you have a relative living in Australia, he or she may be able to sponsor you for another visa (click here to learn more about bringing family to Australia).

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you decide if this visa is the best visa for you (click here to find out how an immigration lawyer or registered migration agent can help you) or click here to learn more. You may also refer to our FAQs for answers regarding visa application or visa cancellation by clicking here.

best immigration lawyer Melbourne
Immigration lawyer provide free migration advice

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

Related Posts