Resident Return (Subclass 159) Visa

Resident Return Class TP Subclass 159 visa
Australia Resident Return Visa For Norfolk Island Residents

Resident Return (Subclass 159) Visa For Certain Norfolk Island Residents

Resident Return (Subclass 159) (Class TP) visa is a provisional visa specially created for former Norfolk Island residents and their dependents who hold immigration permits (either Temporary Entry Permit or TEP, or General Entry Permit or GEP, or Unrestricted Entry Permit or UEP or permanent resident) on 30 June 2016, and lodged their Resident Return visa application before 1 July 2017, unless there are compelling reasons. Click here to learn more.

The Resident Return (Subclass 159) visa is valid for 6 years and 6 months, or until 31 December 2023. This visa can be converted to a Confirmatory (Residence) Class AK Subclass 808 visa (click here to learn more about this visa) if you have lived for 5 years out of the last 7 years on the Norfolk Island.

Work Rights

Can I work?

The Resident Return visa allows you to live and work in Norfolk Island. If you are under 25 and you study on mainland Australia, you can work for 20 hours per week.

The Resident Return (Subclass 159) visa was created when the Norfolk Island was integrated into the Australian migration zone (on 1 July 2016) and the Migration Act was extended to include Norfolk Island.

Australian migration law is complex and difficult to understand, contact our immigration lawyer for a consultation (fee applies) to help you decide if you are eligible to apply for this visa (click here to find out how an immigration lawyer or registered migration agent can help you). You may also refer to our FAQs for answers regarding visa application or visa cancellation by clicking here.

best immigration lawyer Melbourne
Immigration lawyer provide free migration advice

041 222 4020 or WeChat: AUDvisa

This article is not intended to be or taken as migration legal advice. The author of this article disclaims any liability for any action or omission on the information provided or not provided in this article. You should always consult an immigration lawyer or a registered migration agent to form an informed opinion on your immigration matter.

Related Posts